Intro to Automotive
The Kent Transition Center programs so many families know and love are now part of Kent Career Tech Center as our Intro to Career Technical Education (CTE) Programs.
In these year-long courses, students learn what it means to be successful employees and gain valuable skills they can use in work and life. Like our traditional programs, students learn in the classroom and then apply their knowledge through hands-on projects in our labs. Small class sizes, plenty of support and a just-right pace help students thrive and prepare for life after high school.
Following a successful year in one of these programs, students have a selection of opportunities for their next step based on their needs and goals.
See this School News Network article for more about the Intro to Automotive program which launched in fall 2022.
If you like cars, trucks and related equipment, join us for expert training on state-of-the-art equipment. Learn about the vehicle industry and how to service a variety of customer vehicles.
Meet the Instructors
Mike Kiekover, Instructor
- 30 years in Automotive Industry as Technician
- Vehicles, generators, water and security systems servicing, Nigeria, West Africa
- Toyota Technician, Clearwater, FL
- Lead Technician, Hilltop Auto Service
- Lead Technician, Houskamp Auto Service
- ASE Master Certified Technician
- A.A.S. Automotive Service Technology, Grand Rapids Community College
- B.S. Technical Education, Ferris State University
Holly Nichols, CTES
- 27+ years at Kent ISD
- 7 years at Kent Occupational High School, Wyoming Public Schools
- 34+ years of Special Education experience
- Employment Training Specialist - MSU/Michigan Association of Rehabilitation Services
- A.A. - Grand Rapids Community College
- A.A.S. - Ferris State University